:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

GET YOUR OFFICIAL REALHOMEMADETURBO.COM STICKERS! (link)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Whitey's Homemade Home project thread  (Read 72347 times)

Whitey

• the Few, the Proud, the Exiled
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • ©
Whitey's Homemade Home project thread
« on: October 03, 2012, 08:58:00 PM »

Well its been a while since I posted so I guess I'll post pictures of what I've been busy with. I bought 5 aces of land at auction and I've been trying to build a house on it.  And true HMT style I'm not going through a builder.  Like everything else, do it all yourself for as cheap as possible.

Siteplan, drew it up along with the houseplans using Autodesk Inventor:

Here's what the property looked like.  100% covered in trees:

Checking the grade with a homemade waterlevel/ garden hose to see if I have enough slope for a walkout basement

Start cutting:

Mother nature getting a good fucking:

Burning is the quickest way to get rid of shit:

Damn Obama government ruining my progress:

Sold off the larger lumber:

Cutting in for the driveway:

Found a full beer while digging the driveway.  Pulltop and all, free beer   O0

Stump removal:

Starting the hole in the ground to throw money into:

Footers:

Forms for the basement walls:

Future wife checking out the basement walls:

Started to decking

Subfloor done:

Starting the framing:

Testing out the garage:

That's it for now.  Ton of work and a ton of time, hopefully it'll be under roof in the next couple of weeks.  Now go fuck yourselves   :noel:

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
Re: Whitey's Homemade Home project thread
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 09:20:09 PM »

Looks like you will a huge basement, what is the plans for this?  ManCave?

Where is the Whitey bends in the plans of the builds?

:noel:

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 10:25:16 PM »

Damn fucking badass!!!
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 10:28:20 PM »

fuckin police trying to keep the hard working folks from having some fun and talking care of business at the same time.

looks BADASS. i wanna sticky this to a forum, thinking it should be in FAB tho? idk. your call i guess.

this is already a cool build thread. thats for damn sure.
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'

Whitey

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • ©
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 10:50:13 PM »

Looks like you will a huge basement, what is the plans for this?  ManCave?

I wanted to build a 1-story and with that the basement kinda got real big.  That's fine since they can't tax it as livable space.  The first floor is 2460sqft so that gives me 5000sqft to play with.  I do have a walkout so I'm putting 2 6' french doors so I can get my motorcycles and 4-wheelers in and out.  I'll have a little workshop down there for all the bikes:

As for the rest of the basement, I'm putting in a bar in the angled bumpout with the bar taking the same shape, and a pool table. The table will go between the bar and that footer along the wall for a fireplace on both floors.  I may also put a guest bedroom down there but it will generally be just one big game room and such.  I may not finish it right away, I'll see how things go financially trying to get done the upstairs.  Here's the footers that gives you an idea of the basement outline:

looks BADASS. i wanna sticky this to a forum, thinking it should be in FAB tho? idk. your call i guess.

this is already a cool build thread. thats for damn sure.

Thanks, its more of a build thread than Fab so just keep it here.  With how slow the forum are I don't think it needs a sticky lol.  I'll try and keep it update as I make progress but I only have a couple people helping so progress is going slow.   I am ordering the roof lumber tomorrow to hopefully start on it this weekend

highroller54

• I caught the fable Novacorn
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Spreading the rhmt word like PB&J
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 11:02:12 PM »

whitey is back  ;DDD
Xenocron is a piece of shit.

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 09:57:13 AM »

I like what I see!

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 12:12:32 PM »

FUCK YEAH! You going to build a shop? After its all done are you going to pump in some concrete in the "CRAWL SPACE"?
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

1991civicsi

• Certified OG
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 04:28:12 PM »

That is Awesome!!
"quotquotThis ain'#039#039t no forum, its a gang.. "quotquot BigDaddyVtec

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 05:19:04 PM »

What is house going to look like?

I do not see enough detail in the first picture.  :noel:

Whitey

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • ©
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 10:40:14 PM »

FUCK YEAH! You going to build a shop? After its all done are you going to pump in some concrete in the "CRAWL SPACE"?

Yeah, a 4" concrete slab is going in the basement.  I'd like to do a detached garage for a shop but we'll see how finishing the house goes financially.  Right now the order of projects are:  Finish the basement >> paver patio  >> detached garage >> swimming pool

What is house going to look like?

I do not see enough detail in the first picture.  :noel:

I'll post the plans tomorrow.  My computer is f'd up now and I can't convert the plans into pics. 

Here's my stump pile I'll either get rid of with gas and a match or just haul them away:

Surprisingly, the stump roots are the only thing someone tried to steal so far.  I caught a kid on the property taking just roots for his lizard tank. I told him to take what he wanted than GTFO.  He brought his wife/girlfriend and I thought she was going to shit herself when she saw me pull in the driveway.

Here's my fireplace, its the first thing I bought after the property.  Its a Jotul wood burning insert. Takes 24" logs, looks like a fireplace but puts out a fuckton of BTU and heats the place like a freestanding stove.

Plenty of free heat for a while:

rsmith2786

• Certified OG
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 11:55:26 PM »

Looks really nice.  Congrats!

Stealthmode

• Mufukkken 5 black Star General
  • Certified OG
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 11:45:57 PM »

Thought you'd start a logging company before trying to pull that shit off.  :o Looks like a sweet crib. Not sure I've seen a gravel basement floor before. How does that get taken care of?
I think Stealthmode has a few children in some of his socks. I picked up one of his socks thinking it was mine and it was crunchy. Now I spend all day wondering what the hell might be laying eggs under my fingernails.

Tim

• Certified OG
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2012, 11:57:04 PM »

Thought you'd start a logging company before trying to pull that shit off.  :o Looks like a sweet crib. Not sure I've seen a gravel basement floor before. How does that get taken care of?
By pouring a 4" slab of concrete over it.

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2012, 02:44:18 AM »

It's called a crawl space. And once the inspector signs off on it you pour concrete over the gravel and not have to get taxed on so many square feet.
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   

sushi

• Certified OG
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2012, 04:40:20 PM »

I still have that guy that can help you.  Last I heard from him he still didn't have a job.

Whitey

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • ©
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2012, 05:17:23 PM »

It gets 4" of concrete, then carpet or tile or whatever.  Once the house is framed and watertight I'll pour the basement slab, garage and front porch

It's called a crawl space. And once the inspector signs off on it you pour concrete over the gravel and not have to get taxed on so many square feet.

Even with the concrete you don't get taxed on it, at least in PA.  They don't consider a basement as liveable taxable space. 

Whitey

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • ©
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2012, 09:18:07 PM »

Kitchen Celing:

Starting on the Rafters over the garage and master suite:

18" front overhangs with 10" facia board. Was debating to run 8" or 10" facia (all the stuff that gets capped in aluminum trim) but finally decided on the 10 since the overhang was a good amount and I didn't want the trim to look puny:

Attic or future bonus room:

Master bedroom.  I'm doing vaulted ceilings up to a flat but I don't know what to set the ceiling height at. Its 18.5' to the ridgepole.  You think I should vault them high and put a window above the plate in the wall?  Or should I just run a flat so the slope is the same distance as the flat in the celings?     

Stealthmode

• Certified OG
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2012, 10:33:29 PM »

I'm confused on the description of what you're asking. My thoughts would be go vaulted all the way to the peak, or an 8' ceiling with a minimum access panel in the closet to an upper storage platform.
I think Stealthmode has a few children in some of his socks. I picked up one of his socks thinking it was mine and it was crunchy. Now I spend all day wondering what the hell might be laying eggs under my fingernails.

Whitey

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • ©
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2012, 04:24:14 PM »

I'm confused on the description of what you're asking. My thoughts would be go vaulted all the way to the peak, or an 8' ceiling with a minimum access panel in the closet to an upper storage platform.

If you vault the ceiling all the way to the peak the drywall pretty much always cracks at the seams so its nice to vault them and still run collar ties so there is a flat.  You can set the flat to whatever height you want

robus

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2012, 05:24:51 PM »

eneath for insulation
By pouring a 4" slab of concrete over it.

it may be late at this stage, but I'd try to leave an air pocket with igloos beneath the slab so it's aired out and moisture free...
Please note: This came from the home of a cigar smoker who had dogs. If you have any allergies, please don'#39#39t bid

Minor Threat

• Certified OG
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2012, 10:41:22 PM »

How much does all this shit cost?

Why did you decide to build instead of buy?
"quotquotand the welds look like a pigeon had 1 too many chili-dogs, whoever built them needs to go throw their tools in the ocean."quotquot

www.facebook.com/enhancedautoperformance

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2012, 02:50:11 AM »

Custom built is the way to go. Especially If you can do it yourself. 80% of the work on my house I did. I did sub out some of the work because it was easier or cheaper.

Whitey

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • ©
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2012, 03:03:05 PM »

Much like  a turbo kit if you do it yourself you get exactly what you want and usually at a cheaper price and a quality of whatever you want.  I couldn't find any house I liked to buy and all the new constructions were shitty development homes on a 1/4 acre with all the houses looking the exact same.  When I found out this piece of land was going for auction that kind of starting me on the road to what I have now.

As for the price, not sure what the final price will be.  The land cost $160,000 and I've spent around $98,000 cash.  I'm hoping to mortgage somewhere in the $240,000 to $300,000.     

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2012, 09:38:35 PM »

Much like  a turbo kit if you do it yourself you get exactly what you want and usually at a cheaper price and a quality of whatever you want.  I couldn't find any house I liked to buy and all the new constructions were shitty development homes on a 1/4 acre with all the houses looking the exact same.  When I found out this piece of land was going for auction that kind of starting me on the road to what I have now.

As for the price, not sure what the final price will be.  The land cost $160,000 and I've spent around $98,000 cash.  I'm hoping to mortgage somewhere in the $240,000 to $300,000.   

You sir are the baller of the year!

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2012, 12:07:01 AM »

I'd say have just enough so you have a small crawl space, then get a decent ceiling fan. Tall rooms need some air flow. Make sure you have adjustable dampers in the vent tubing too, if it's not zoned heating.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

rawr

• Certified OG
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2012, 09:05:19 PM »

Grats on not being fgt and building your own house.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 09:08:41 PM by rawr »

1CRX2NV

• Redneck
  • Certified OG
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2012, 10:38:23 PM »

Ceiling height should always be based on how deep your pockets are for heating costs during the winter. Unless your going wood stove.

I helped build my moms new house a couple years ago. Flat ceiling 9'. Gas heat. Costs her damn near a fortune in the winter. Now with higher gas prices its not really going to do anything but get worse.

I would run 8' ceilings and call it a day. Make an attic and just insulate the shit out of it.
thats not canada, thats toronto. Any farther east then saskatchewan it doesn'#039#039t count.

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2012, 12:27:56 AM »

Ceiling height should always be based on how deep your pockets are for heating costs during the winter. Unless your going wood stove.

I helped build my moms new house a couple years ago. Flat ceiling 9'. Gas heat. Costs her damn near a fortune in the winter. Now with higher gas prices its not really going to do anything but get worse.

I would run 8' ceilings and call it a day. Make an attic and just insulate the shit out of it.

I cant see that having a ceiling that's 1' higher than a normal ceiling costing that much more. Where is this at Alaska? Because here in wa, my parents have an older home with vaulted ceilings, and gas heat and it only cost them about $30 more a month than it cost me to heat my house thats only 8 years old.

Stealthmode

• Certified OG
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2012, 10:13:53 PM »

With the 2 roof lines over 8', I don't know if I've seen two angles of ceiling going to a flat at any height other than an attic loft or something. It could work, and 10' is always a good ceiling height, and would still leave some room for an attic storage above, but that 2' of roof line between your walls and your flat ceiling will be an in between wall/ceiling. It can work, but I'm not envisioning the finished deal.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Up