:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

GET YOUR OFFICIAL REALHOMEMADETURBO.COM STICKERS! (link)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: turbohf presents: BUCKET ASS EJ8 (EK) CIVIC... [TRADED/SOLD]  (Read 36688 times)

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
turbohf presents: BUCKET ASS EJ8 (EK) CIVIC... [TRADED/SOLD]
« on: March 31, 2013, 01:08:42 AM »

[edit:  ehh, fuckit. im building the car i want. the way i want....i also change my mind a lot...]

so after spending all my money building a motor for the Galant, i rethought the EK, and it got down graded (from K-swap plan). so anyway, sold/traded off a lot of the shit already.

here is whats going on...

decided that a uber-jew rhmt budget build was in order.... ok a couple items dont seem budget, but i of course got deals.

so i give you:  RHMT PROJECT JEW EK   :Jew:

same bucket ass 1999 Civic EX coupe.

old pic. it no longer has side marker fenders or foglight bumper. it has a more fucked up looking oem bumper lol. good passenger fender, primered drivers. exterior needs a lot of work.
those wheels are going back on the Galant.... EK has new/different wheels ill be putting on.

engine bay still looks like this.

im gonna try and have this ready for the 2013 RHMT PNW Dyno Meet..... i have a lot of the parts. so it could happen.

:Jew:
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 11:37:06 PM by turbohf »
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
Re: turbohf project EK reboot thread lol.... B-series coming soon...
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 01:48:26 AM »

ENGINE:

B18B1

i got this from Bobby, 92_eg_gsr....or whatever his name is. this motor came out of someone else i knows car lol.

quickly ripped it down. that red valve cover is gay...and now missing? i think i left it at work.

everything looked fine except that the intake cam was off by like 3 teeth lol. lots of carbon build up. and oil rings where a gunked up.

everything cleaned up ready to rock.

oh, and since it got in the pic. this is my throttle body. its a china 68mm of some kind. got it for free cuz it stuck like a mofo. the throttle rotor was rigged as shit. and it was just a pile. so i fixed up a new throttle, epoxied the idle screw hole (missing), and threw on a MAP/TPS i got off pile of free motor swap parts.

REBUILD...kinda.

i use these for like every rebuild. seem solid, and jew cheap. get them off ebay from mizumo i think is the name. HIGHLY recommended. shit i didnt even expect to even think to look for these till monday-tuesday got them today/saturday...

rings.

yes, those are the ones that came out the motor. send them threw the parts washer. there new now  :o
same goes for the bearings. just left them on the rods/mains.

bottom done.

light coat of Hondabond HT on oil passages top/bottom as always.

head on, rockers in, cams lubed....

and cuz you know im a JEW. and this is definitely a jew build. i found this nice looking GSR belt in the trash pile in garage (along with lots of other misc shit like hoses/timing covers/turbo parts/more on this later)

also had a quality used Honda/GSR water pump to match this lol.

thats my jewish 48dollar engine rebuild. you can add another 10bucks for some brake clean/blue towels if you wanna be technical.  ::)

« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 02:24:47 AM by turbohf »
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 01:57:18 AM »

FUCK YOU PHOTOBUCKET!...  :evil: shit is pissing me off.

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 02:09:19 AM »

Looks good!
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 02:18:54 AM »

some other misc shit.

Competition Clutch stage37 extreme pp, 4puk sprung disc.

got this from Bobby also. flywheel i took from my buddies house. told him i wasnt giving him shit for it, he agreed lol.

was looking for something. and found this.

-3an oil feed line kit from some other old project. probably steathmode line? callin this a freebie.

probably using this.

OBD2 LS intake manifold. came with the motor. so its free. need to plug off some OBD2 holes.

oh shit. so at buddies house checking on his project, making sure its coming to the dyno/meet. and he asks if i have a EK/EG radiator. FUCK, i dont have one at all... make a text...

and get that for free lol... (i did get him a EK/EG radiator for deals the next night)
its a non-branded, so probably china, DC Integra full length aluminum core. and a quick test fit shows it should fit minty.

somewhere in that box of junk dizzy's is the distributor im gonna use... it might take some work, and lots of those parts.... lol. actually i think that one of the complete ones is a small single plug JDM B20 dizzy, and im pretty sure those wires are B20 also. = free.... oh and i sold the harness that came with the car. but said something above about core swap motor parts, well i got the engine harness too. looks like OBD2B with small plug dizzy.... shit is just gonna work out great....

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 02:43:08 AM »

BOOST  ;DDD

you knew it was gonna be turboed right? lol.

so 99gsrturbo here let me jew him on his old turbo parts.

intercooler isnt as bent as it looks.
he wouldnt give up his BOV. but ill have an extra china rs off the CRX when i put the DSM on that. also didnt have a manifold. more on that one later. also got some injectors that im trading to a buddy.
looks like a Garrett 57trim? turbo, china everything else. hopefully this shit works. gonna cut that downpipe up pretty good. but its got O2, 2bolt flange and flex. bonus.

oh. also found a T3 billet oil return flange in my pile of misc shit. so another freebie. no pic.

the manifold im gonna use.

traded buddy radiator i found for him.

and since i refuse to bolt the turbo to the manifold the wrong way....even tho the design is fucked, and copied anyway for the last 15years.

it fits now  O0

think thats all for now. gotta go get my tranny. got my misc swap stuff like mounts/axles/linkgage. just didnt take pics. wanna move the car in front of the garage to get actually working on it here soon too.

jdmhatchracer94

• I have a nova that will never run!!
  • Certified OG
  • Official RHMT Nigglet!
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 03:02:18 AM »

Coming along quickly
4 door eg nbspnbsp 13.2@118 someone needs to run slicks
338hp 293tq

Good enough to fuck your mother

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 03:14:43 AM »

yup. posted this all tonight so far. but all that is about a weeks worth of jewing. put the long block together today. still got some small shit i need to get together. but im broke lol. all the parts here (plus wheels that i didnt post) i have traded or bought with cash from selling other K parts. ill buy the rest when i get paid.

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 11:30:29 AM »

I like your  :Jew: ways  :noel:
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG

Title= WIN!

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

lol. legit.  ;DDD

Minor Threat

• Certified OG

How many of those gasket sets have you used? Thinking about getting one for my car
"quotquotand the welds look like a pigeon had 1 too many chili-dogs, whoever built them needs to go throw their tools in the ocean."quotquot

www.facebook.com/enhancedautoperformance

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

a lot. 2 for buddies builds (B18C). my B18C5. that's all I know for sure. I did buy them for my D16A6 and K24 but didn't drive either of those. I also get NPR rings and ACL/King bearings from them. gotten 3 sets of NPR pistons also.

I have the seller just saved in my eBay. hit them up first for all those parts. almost always cheapest and fast shipping.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

Minor Threat

• Certified OG

Yeah, already sent them a msg on ebay. need to swap out a hg in one kit for one from another, they said no problem. Wanted to double check on quality with you first before I ordered.
"quotquotand the welds look like a pigeon had 1 too many chili-dogs, whoever built them needs to go throw their tools in the ocean."quotquot

www.facebook.com/enhancedautoperformance

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

so i put some work in today. fuck i hate fabbing shit. i really hate downpipes. CRX is the only one in recent memory that wasnt a complete whore..... might help if i started fresh, and not reused some other hacked downpipe?  ::)

hey look, fucker is too close to the pan, too low, and where the fuck is the oil drain gonna go?

finished welding.

final product. i hope. we will see if the fucker hits the ground.

then the O2 bung pointed right at the intermediate shaft.... yes i thought to check it. smart like that...sometimes.  ::)

got the OEM breather fuckers in there for the catch can. cuz well i forgot this is an OBD2 motor and i cant run a OEM breather box lol..... ill post up the breather/catch can later. its rhmt legit, and left over from old project = free. also got OEM Honda/filtech filter, oil line setup, and custom KS mount lol.

after some serious hate. i realized i may be trying to hard. hopefully this works like it is going to lol. sexy blurry pic too... tap to focus not working?

chassis work.

i tore a bunch of shit out for K-swap that i needed to put back in. like clutch line, heater hoses/valve, rear mount. fuel filter/hose shit. mounted with all the brackets i managed not to loose, how? still need a booster hose, think it was gone/hacked when i got the car.
*passenger side wire tuck was done before i got the car...they never did bother to do the drivers side. i may move the fuse box back, along with battery.

B16A tranny and all the swap shit i got from my buddy in trade. i took both style rear mounts from his place lol. not sure what one i need for this EG crossmemeber in EK... and both T mounts where marked EK  ::)

distributor i pieced together from my shit (8pin single plug to match harness i have). think i swiped that resistor box from homies place when i was gathering swap parts. radiator hose out garbage (think from ITR, so newish), and TunerToys return flange from bottom of toolbox.

oh, you didnt think i would forget the JB Weld did you??  :noel:

some proof of flux core also.   :-*

looks like im out of pics for you kids... i did also pretty much finish stripping that fugly shit off the valvecover, threw that and the oil pan in the CRX to bring to work to clean in parts washer before paint. valves need adjusted, and those 2 thrown on and the longblock is ready for tranny and chassis...

92_eg_c1

DAMN you got shit done fast. lol i need to hurry the fuck up and finish my shit damit.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

DAMN you got shit done fast. lol i need to hurry the fuck up and finish my shit damit.
i have done everything fast. but with lots of procrastination in between... i really feel this isnt moving as fast as it should. aside from some financial setbacks (payday and refusal to spend money), i feel this should have been running a week or so ago lol.

yes, you need to finish your car for the meet, DO WORK.

boosted 00 black si

• Certified OG
go fuck your self

BORN TO BOOST
LITTLE B16.400whp on 16psi

92_eg_c1

peter has my manifold and wastegate, dropped it off to him a few nigg hours ago.  :noel:

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

peter has my manifold and wastegate, dropped it off to him a few nigg hours ago.  :noel:

sweet. you ask him if his bucket is gonna be done and at the meet?

---

btw. no real progress on this today. i did go to the junkyard and get a brake booster line. and a couple ecu plugs for the AEM, but i think i only needed one for sure. more on that later tho (be a post soon in CRX thread also).

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG

DO WORK!

92_eg_c1

He was street tuning it when i showed up. I guess hes having some type of brake issue he needs to address pretty bad. other than that he said hes really hoping to bring it out for the meet.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

thought i would share this. cuz you are my  O0

valvecover i got was junk. so i stripped it. shaved it. and cut of the extra ear off the front....

oh...

penny falls in btw.  :Jew: im using a dual block breather, so fuck this PCV shit...

lol

shaved the "Honda Motor Co." off the bottom. and the grounding ear on the front. railed a plastic cap in the breather on the back.

still needs finished. but thats the idea.

oh, and i liberated this off the CRX.

so the EK now officially has a BOV again lol. and it fits the pipes i got.

is it still ghetto if its solid/works pro? lol

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG

I think I have one of those bov new sitting around.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

I think I have one of those bov new sitting around.

yeah. I keep giving them away lol. got this one free, twice lol.  :Jew:

might put it in the parts washer at work... or might just leave its ass all fugly. not sure yet.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

couple pics for ya. nothing much tonight. just put the swap together.

injectors. dont remember what they are lol. i bought them for the GVR4 like a year ago. Delphi 680cc injectors. dont remember if they where rebranded, or really anything about them. got them for deals, and i am putting some Hiprofile 900s in the GVR4 (PTE1000s in it right now).

pic of my capped off PCV, and kinda the color/texture of the VC.

extra set of plugs that i found in the CRX. probably buy some more 7 and 8s for these cars. gapped them down to like 20 or so.

swap is pretty much ready.

note to self:  loom and install harness, install distributor/wires, fab up 2.5bar MAP sensor, install flywheel dust cover, install/run breather.....oh yeah, install swap into car.

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG

Oh yea!

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

shitty update for ya.

forgot i had this giant ass hole in my dash. remembered i ordered this thing like 6months ago and never bought it. lol always pisses my boss off im sure.

looks so much better. no more hole with rusty dash rebar shit showing.

RHMT 2.5bar MAP.

also finished up my wire harness. didnt take pics it looks like tho.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
Re: turbohf presents: RHMT PROJECT JEW EK
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2013, 10:46:20 PM »

WORK:

:noel:

we are looking at a couple things here...:
92-95 Civic manual steering rack with a bunch of Energy Suspension bushings.
RHMT filled rear engine mount
DC2/4 rear T bracket. (lots of question of which mount i needed in a EK with EG crossmember)

i didnt do any more work. i didnt bother to push it in front of the garage, so light is limited. and im lazy.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up