:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BDVT's BroDozzer gets compound twin turbos!... (link)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: turbohf presents: BUCKET ASS EJ8 (EK) CIVIC... [TRADED/SOLD]  (Read 36687 times)

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
Re: turbohf presents: RHMT PROJECT JEW EK
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2013, 11:09:17 PM »

PARTS:

i didnt wanna post this pic. but...

OEM antenna blockoff. i think i ordered this with the radio blockoff. and when i ripped the antenna out i noticed it was OEM, so i reused the gasket (returned the new one)  :Jew:
this was a EH2/SR3 part number btw. didnt see one for an EJ/EM1.
yes, the paint on my car is THAT SHITTY.

china OBD2B-OBD1 harness. i sold the one that was sitting in the car when i got it, along with engine harness... so i think make like 43bucks on that deal? lol

lol. car has been sitting for a minute.

newish non-sidemarker fender. and black housing headlights im not sure about yet. i think i like them.

primed drivers fender that fits like shit.  i have the missing moldings. i broke them off for some stupid reason?

im really gonna need to find someone to do some jew bodywork and paint. i posted a btw for the exterior pieces i need also.

:Jew:
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2013, 11:21:58 PM »

Don't like the headlights at all. Other than that. Good work..
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2013, 12:12:40 AM »

Don't like the headlights at all. Other than that. Good work..

im torn on the headlights. they bother me forsure cuz there not OEM. but i kinda like the black housing. EK9/CTR's have a nice gunmetal/black chrome color, but are expensive as shit.

i can get some OEM ones for like 70bucks from a friend, probably jew to 50 easy....

i could also take these apart and try to paint them the gunmetal/chrome of the CTR??
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2013, 10:30:01 PM »

lets see what i got done today....

well i didnt do this today, i just dug it out and cleaned it up...

i made this for a project forever ago... i think the NA B20VTEC? yes, thats a little 1pt paint can   O0
2 5/8 nipples JB Welded into it. they go to the back of the block. into the Honda OEM block fittings.

maybe a temp mount... maybe it will be like that forever.

when we made the deal on the car, it had some spoon knockoffs or carbon fiber shit? i dont remember. but i told him i wouldnt pay extra. so he threw 2 EM1 blue mirrors in the car. lol. one was broken beyond repair. got a JY mirror to put on.

i was going to color match them. but after looking at some pics of other cars, i desided to give trim black a try. going to do the body side moldings the same.
rockers, front lip, grill, door handles, license plate trim will be color matched.

then ADD/paint fumes kicked in and i saw some wire...

thought i needed a solid set of grounds. so i picked spots i wanted them on the car, cut to length.....then of course didnt mark them. lol
i threw out the plastic insulation on the connectors, crimped, then soldered, shrink wrapped all the wires.
they are connected as fallows:  back of VC stud to drivers shock tower, thermostat housing to passenger shock tower, shock tower (stacked on other one) to battery. (extra one went on GVR4) all sanded/clean.

thats it for now...

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2013, 07:02:16 PM »

WORK:

i had this great plan of some cutting and welding. some jew radiator isolators, etc...

then while test fitting i said fuckit, it fits pretty good without all this effort.

still used my exhaust hanger isolators tho. fits minty.  :noel:

oh yeah, nice $10 bnib fan, and coolant tank. wired it in also.

so this thing was half ass wire tucked when i got it. fuse box was just like hanging under the dash.

i had to pull the heater blower to get the wires back threw the firewall. bitch. actually once i pulled it everything was easy. and i got to empty all the cool pine needles/seads shit out of the blower box.

a little turbo test fitting.

looks like thats it for now.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2013, 11:34:08 PM »

little work tonight. i put the axles in. and eyeballed the alignment. it was SUPER toe'd in from the crossmember swap.

tooks some pics of what im working with...

ITR calipers? and SS braided lines.

redrilled Prelude slotted rotors?

Slank9 springs on sleeves

still gonna pull the suspension off and extend the top hats all the way around. and lower it another inch or so.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2013, 04:37:55 PM »

all still test fits obviously. ill strip down or maybe jsut repaint all the pipes and shit when its done.

i made a couple little brackets to hold the intercooler up so the bumper would go on without much trouble. still need to finish the hot pipe off the compressor. its being a bitch with the pipes i have. gonna hit up the auto parts store for some 2.0" and a reducer from 2.5.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2013, 05:01:24 PM »

Is that integra radiator?   :noel:

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2013, 05:36:13 PM »

yes. 94-01 Integra

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2013, 10:58:37 PM »

so i bought this BPSX wideband setup being talked about in the engine management forum. its like $99 shipped off ebay...

some assembly required.  ::)  comes with a NUT for an O2 bung. i always hate that. but i have 2 O2's in my downpipe already, so no big deal. you need to cut the plug off the wideband sensor and hardwire it to the box. when i was doing it i thought to myself its gonna be annoying when i screw the O2 into the downpipe. so i might add a connector inline.
has a little display board, no case on it. again no connector inline so its hardwired to board. its the size of a quarter.
didnt come with harness for power/ground or analog wire to ECU for logging. so had to find that myself.

more on this later. still have some work to do before i test this fucker. like getting a battery tray and battery...

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2013, 10:00:49 PM »

DO WORK!
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2013, 11:19:35 PM »

some more blood/sweat/tears today...

think i started with the linkage. didnt do it forever ago cuz i couldnt find a bitch pin and the back washer for the stabilizer bushing (i know id be fine with the ES bushings im sure) so i ordered some from work....when i remembered. then been putting it off forever. today i had her up in the air so i did some shit.

no pics of linkage shit. something to note tho. some asshat had broken the nut off the topside of the linkage. you know the nut on the interior under the console. explains why none of that shit was bolted down. so that was a little tricky.

put fuel return line on. big thing i know. but i had to get a new hose. small shit is hard to remember sometimes lol.

made a dump tube for the wastegate. FORGOT A PIC. something i could have actually shown... ehh. its just a 90* off the WG. jsut wanted it away from important shit. might finish later. good for now. probably forever.

visual progress:

drivers fender looked like ass. all primered up. actually, probably one of the best painted panels on the car...and thats sad. but didnt match.

cock. only pic i took, and its blurry.  :-\  anyway. testing showed that the color is close. and this doesnt look to bad.

no joke, thats the shit i used. someone told me they used this before on a VSM color hatch. my hardware store didnt have the other shit that internets say would match.... no touchup in spray for my car.
gonna try to wet sand this a little and clear it. good enough for now...

EXTENDED HATS!

4 fuckin pics. this is the best one. phone doesnt like garage light.

little over 1.5"

wont go into how to do this 100%. not a witeup. plenty of those out there for this. over 1.5" and the shock hits the hood structure...drill a hole.  O0
i had some Grround-Control upper spring seats hanging around. threw those in the new 'turbohf extended' hats  ;)  my bump stops where already hacked. so i found some extra tophat bushings to stack in there.

looks solid.   :Jew:

hopefully it rides better than my homie says it did before... but i doubt it. im offsetting this by going another 1-2" lower than he was. same car/suspension/wheels lol... just doing it better.  :-*

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2013, 09:32:20 AM »

I want to make a set of those extended top hats but been to busy. Looks good!

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2013, 12:47:56 PM »

thanks. I didn't even bother to fix half the holes I blew threw when I was flux core welding that shit. lol just ground it down some so it would fit threw the hole.  :Jew:

still need to do the rears. maybe I'll work on that tonight.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2013, 11:20:04 PM »

did a fair amount of small shit today.

put extended studs in the head for the spacer/manifold combo..... actually i dont think i have mentioned that in this build? to clear the larger T04 cover i cut the webbing on the block and stuck a extra head flange between the manifold and head to space it out some more. i did this on my ITR/CRX also.
anyway i got some longer studs from work (Genuine Honda...power equipment part lol). then bolted everything down for final fit.

oh yeah, tweeked the shit out of the dipstick. it sucks. it might be hitting the oil drain on the inside of the pan? its got 4qt in it and its at the top dot. so fuckit.

worked on fender some more. still looks like shit. i think im just gonna give up and throw it on. rest of the car needs paint anyway.

calibrated the BPSX wideband...i think? then installed it into the car.

also cleaned up the ECU harness on the inside of the car. and swapped the IACV wires (non-VTEC AT harness originally) and plugged in my jumper (hard shit right there).

cleaned out CMC tank and bled clutch. a while later i was in the car and pushed in the clutch with left foot...seemed soft for a HD PP...  :-\

lol. yes i used Honda Genuine brake fluid.  :-*

took off those qweer reactive carbon fiber lookin pedal cover things. omg. why do people even bother?
the OEM rubber pads under them got a little worked. ill order some new ones on tuesday.

pulled the tranny drain plug to make sure there was no more fluid, little came out, and i didnt like the way it looked. so flushed some random 5w30 (i dont use 5w30 in anything) that was hanging around threw it. put new washer on the drain...

i fill threw the VSS with this long ass funnel... Honda Genuine MTF or course.

also filled her with 4qts of some Mobil 10w30 (non-syth). and coolant (random used shit found in garage lol) took like 2gallons! radiator is huge..

i HATE 96-00 Civic seats..... i have 2 minty gray front seats forsale btw. mad cheap/trade for something

i got this DC4 dark gray seat for....FREE  :Jew:  fucker sold his car before he got a second race seat to give me the passenger side tho... so i still need another lol.

how it looks right now...

i need a battery and mounting tray for it... other than that and an exhaust? its pretty much ready to fire off.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2013, 11:24:54 PM »

ok... so had some issues.

i didnt read the BPSX D1 Wideband instructions right and had a couple wires swapped.

this thing has about 1/2 a tank of fuckin gas...probably 3 years old.

and still no battery or tray....

but shit like that doesnt stop RHMT nogs.  O0

oh this was quality...and a first for me?

fuckin spark plug tube seal fell out the cover when installing it?!?! filled the plug hole till it shot out the breather hole in the wire.  :-\  found the seal hanging out in the head. managed not to get stuck in a rocker/cam, so thats a bonus?

this was cool.

i have seen headers change color on first startup, but not a cast manifold?  :mexi:

oh....

runs champ....   ::)

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2013, 11:44:50 PM »

Sweet!
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2013, 10:08:15 AM »

WHeres the ripper vids!

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2013, 12:01:09 PM »

WHeres the ripper vids!

no battery/tray. and tags are 3years old.  :-X

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2013, 12:30:02 PM »

tags are 3years old.  :-X

Mine are only 30 years old....

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2013, 11:06:25 PM »

so this motor is fucked. i got oil pooling at a decent rate on top of #2 piston. i tried to unplug that injector and spark plug but it seemed/sounded like it was trying to lockup? or spin backwards, idk.

compression: 210-170-210-175....or someshit.

runs ok for some oldass gas in the tank, and a less than halfass basemap with horrible O2 placement...

either way. im planning on building another motor. its either broken, or not. if its not im gonna try to break it.  :-*  anyway. little ahead of myself on that. ill post it up as it happens.  in the meantime as time allows im gonna rip the fuckin head off this bitch and pull a piston....ill be looking for broken shit along the way just in case tho...

:evil:

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2013, 10:12:38 PM »

so its been a month, time for an update?

i have pulled the head.

thats it.   :-X

lots of oil on #2. oil on all tho. got little oil up in the intake manifold on #2. and this is WITHOUT the charge pipes hooked up, and no PCV system. so its PUSHING oil back threw the valves into the intake?!!?

plan at this point is...idk. thinking about high compression B18B (10.4-10.8:1, e85), or high compression B20B (10:1, still e85)... both still non-vTeK. both will be forged piston/rod motors stock sleeves. leaning towards B18B cuz im lazy and its in the car, so i dont have to pull it.

i have some jew parts lined up also. post them as they get here...

also trying to sell most the turbo kit. got bigger/better/nicer? shit lined up.

so yeah, COMPLETELY USELESS update. just the thoughts going threw my head. but maybe someone help me decide...

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2013, 09:32:44 AM »

Sucks to hear about the motor...

I would have disconnected the vac line and gone for some rippers :evil:

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2013, 10:02:19 AM »

yeah. still no battery or tags.

cant make up my mind on what i wanna do, i just wanna drive it...

boosted 00 black si

• Certified OG
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2013, 10:05:22 AM »

I would fix whats wrong with the b18b and boost the fuck out of it  :noel:
go fuck your self

BORN TO BOOST
LITTLE B16.400whp on 16psi

boosted 00 black si

• Certified OG
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2013, 10:12:37 AM »

Prob the cheaper to do
go fuck your self

BORN TO BOOST

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2013, 12:21:05 PM »

I want more torque than the rods are capable of holding. the og plan was to put new rings and lap/replace valves.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2013, 12:44:24 PM »

so I'm thinking about this...

if I where to stick with correct setup. just re-ring and lap valves. with the injectors and shit I have. I'm probably good for just a little over 300hp on e85. bump the fuel pressure a little more power. and still be safe on stock rods.

but I of course would like more power..... mmmm....
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 12:47:05 PM by turbohf »

boosted 00 black si

• Certified OG
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2013, 01:02:57 PM »

Made 354tq on my ls with e85 on 21psi putting the motor back in this weekend n gonna crank the boost to 24psi 8)
go fuck your self

BORN TO BOOST

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2013, 01:05:04 PM »

Made 354tq on my ls with e85 on 21psi putting the motor back in this weekend n gonna crank the boost to 24psi 8)

Stock rods w/ stock bolts or Stock rods w/ ARP bolts?  :noel:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up