:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Daspoop/Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: turbohf presents: BUCKET ASS EJ8 (EK) CIVIC... [TRADED/SOLD]  (Read 36690 times)

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
Re: turbohf presents: RHMT PROJECT JEW EK
« Reply #120 on: September 29, 2013, 06:50:28 PM »

ok. last post was from the road.

been driving it. fixed the boost problem...  :?:  ::)  :?:   if i had to guess, its cuz i used my impact gun to tighten..well everything. and didnt check anything over. so one pipe blew off. one was loose. and most of them took a couple good turns...  :-X

lugnuts are good tho, checked, and rechecked  :-*

little shot from the road... as you can see its a beautiful day here in the PNW... which brings up several things. like im out of my car in the rain cuz i needed to give her a couple mins to warm back up cuz im guessing my thermostat is stuck open and/or has too many/big of a hole drilled in it and radiator is too big, and is just cooling too damn well.... odd. CRX and GVR4 have just the opposite problem.

also its lightly raining, i have a 4puck, this turbo is too small, B18B makes some torque, B16 trans, car has a little bit of camber (lol).... so without trying she spins 4th.

with some brake boosting i got about 10psi.

so i guess my tuning is mostly on hold till it drys out LOL. crome doesnt seem to keep up when its spinning tire instantly.

still need to verify that this code 7 is from it going 104% throttle? and wtf, am i that baller i get 104%? when i stayed out of WOT i never seen the code.

:Jew:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 06:55:34 PM by turbohf »
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #121 on: September 29, 2013, 10:06:17 PM »

btw, not sure i mentioned it (probably assumed lol) that i was rubbing/cutting my left front tire a little. i raised it up a little on that corner (to level the car out) and then...

i made some more clearance LOL... i remember seeing someone else do this forever ago. also if you have junk2 upper arms they probably hit that lip too. you can see on the left how much was cut. then i hammered that shit flat. and threw some paint on it for giggles. also hammered (deadblow mallet) the rest of the fender lip. cant wait to get to do that to a brand new Honda fender  :-X
also fixed some of that fuckin wire tuck shit in the right fender. now its secure and out of the way.

crome...

seems to be working ok. NOT doing the same shit the CRX was doing, which is awesome. actually getting hits in the boost cells. only 4psi there cuz its still wet as fuck out, and spins in 4th....maybe 5th, but im on backroads, dont need to end up in a ditch at 60mph...

1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #122 on: September 30, 2013, 10:02:30 AM »

I like what im seeing!
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #123 on: September 30, 2013, 03:34:33 PM »

Did I get the tps issue fixed?
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #124 on: September 30, 2013, 04:19:25 PM »

Did I get the tps issue fixed?

nope. hits 104% and throws code.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #125 on: October 02, 2013, 12:12:48 AM »

GENUINE HONDA PARTS...

ordered a bunch of hardware/bolts. new valvecover gasket (china one leaking like the exxon valdez), and of course a new hood release cable. cuz i think every EK needs a couple in its life.

love working with new hardware.... these are tow hook bolts. to mount up my traction bar. my tow hooks where missing of course to begin with along with hardware.

other stack has bunch of 10mm headed bolts with washers. for fenders and shit. mine seem to be random colors, no color, rusted, stripped, missing, etc... and a LCA bolt that has been missing since i swapped crossmembers (giant fucker on the back side. 3 back there), of course found the missing one when i went to get the jack to put this fucker in the air lol.

no pic of the traction bar installed. but when i installed it i thought i remember reading to set it to neutral, then 2 rotations of preload.... just dont remember which way to load it?!?! so i shortened it, made most scene to me at the time...

so im setup for alignment... probably bring it to work thur/fri to do that. suppose to rain hard tomorrow, dont know if i want sketchy alignment on the freeway/rain for 25miles..  :-X

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #126 on: October 02, 2013, 08:57:20 AM »

New honda parts FTW!

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #127 on: October 03, 2013, 11:25:54 PM »

drove this bucket to work (~25miles each way). pretty uneventful. couple puffs of smoke in traffic. 4puck/cmc is garbage, but you can get use to it.

BUT. gas gauge is garbage. seems to swing up and down a fair amount. gas light doesnt work. and well it started surging with it no really even close to the empty line. so i hit up the first gas station for a spash and go...

then...

E85 straight into the tank.... should have brought my fuckin gas cans to fill up also. BUT. still $3.80 a fuckin gallon...so not sure how many more times im gonna fill it with E85. probably get my map fairly dialed. then pump gas till summer? idk.

oh yeah the reason i wanted to bring it to work was so i could get guy at work to align it for me.

think thats right about where i started. told him my shit would be easy. no camber adjust, just toe. then he noted the caster was off a little...wait traction bars = caster. lol.
looked like it barely made it on the rack, then the wheel attachments hit my fenders lol. guess this will be a permanent alignment. dont need that shit hitting some new painted OEM fenders. fuck these junk ones.

oh and since i was under the car.

traction bar mounted up.

i pressure washed off all the green/growing/pollen shit off my car. some pine needles. a fair amount of paint chips came off. and some double sided tape that was on the moldings also.

it got dark so not sure how or if it looks any better for it. but, ehh, whatever..... oh and no i didnt wash my wheels.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

TODAY!...

went to wrecking yard to pick some shit up. got most of it...

thats a DC4 passenger seat (i had a drivers i got for free already), center trunk plastic, both right/left carpet 1/4 panel liners, driver door hinges (mine rocks a little right before the striker)

sounds like a good days score?....

there is more.

dark gray coupe rear seats, 2 rear seat buckles (fuck the centers, no lifesize person fits anyway), ECU cover, and 2 ECUs P06-A01/P06-A02

not all from the same place. but 2 stacks of shit i got... total looks like $114.15 for the day...

got all the rear shit cleaned, fitted, and cut the shit out of the floor carpet to clear around the sub box. fits all pretty nice. and the color for the sub box its damn close.

gonna take the seats to work to steam clean them all.

pretty fuckin excited.  ;DDD

highroller54

• I caught the fable Novacorn
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Spreading the rhmt word like PB&J

Putting 14's or 15's on can often get the clearance you need for alighnments, starting to look good sir
Xenocron is a piece of shit.

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

put my hood cable in on sunday night i think? routed it inside for greater theft protection.

so nice having the cover trim thing around it back on and not having to pull the cord end.

i ordered these stupid things...

both mine are broken. and one is a EX tweeter, the other an non-tweeter HX...wtf? so i ordered 2 new HX non-tweeter style.

then i had a thought before leaving work, and ordered these cuz they havent been 100% discontinued. all the numbers are just superseded to this:

mad tyte jdm Honda Access accessories yo!

anyway. they look pretty good. i had mats in there, but the drivers was haggard (non-oem) with an 'ehh good enough fit' to them. with no rears.

i pulled the plugs out. they all look pretty clean. no sign of oil on top of the pistons. did a compression check a week or so ago? was about 180psi across. which is what i expected on my gauge. its only got 200 or so miles on it, so it might even come up some more later.
so oil has got to be coming from the turbo. but..damn it doesnt seem to be using any oil now?....mmm...

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG

Damn I like all the oem honda parts!

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

i work at a Honda dealer, hard for me not to buy shit.

so i would like to get some paint on this before the end of time. keep on going back and forth on  what i want to do...  pretty much decided on having a legit painter do it on the jew, with me pulling windows and seals/moldings before hand, and most the body work.

question is OEM or aftermarket panels? OEM are just expensive and this is a 14yo civic. that im gonna DD and beat on at its current ride height...

im picking up some legit Civic Type-R headlights from a buddy. and ill be buying a new em1/ctr lip and grill either way.

car *needs* hood, left fender, bumper, beam, maybe a rear bumper...

if i buy oem shit. its gonna need a right fender also (its aftermarket). and of course handfuls of small shit like clips/bolts/etc either way.

ill try to post up the price difference later.

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG

Aftermarket. I know oem fits good and all, but chances are it been punched here and there and it will need massaging anyways.
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

Aftermarket. I know oem fits good and all, but chances are it been punched here and there and it will need massaging anyways.

:?: yeah, at least the left front corner. its got 2 brands on the title I think... so really in the end its gonna be a polished turd.

thinking of picking them up piece by piece to check fit/finish? sell if its not legit. buddy has a red hood that might be use able also.

NoPistons!

Why can't all honda owners be this chill?

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

Why can't all honda owners be this chill?

not sure i understand? but, thanks?

NoPistons!

I know alot of honda owners/enthusiasts that are "special" and not in a good way.  That's what i'm saying.  Lol.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

thanks. yeah i know what your saying.

we are giving those "i heart my honda" stickers away at work again... i want one that says "...but i hate your honda" underneath.  :-*

i have had several people comment that they dont hold owning a honda against me. or that im the cool honda owner, etc.

i really do love all cars, and try to keep a fair amount of knowledge of everything. i just seem to have a thing for a honda, a little more than the rest. but by no means do i think they are the best or end all.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

OK...wtf? i got some hate. i want to drive this fuckin pile.

plugs...

fine.

turbo?

fine. actually, looks kinda oilly in the pic? its try carbon in person?

ports

WTF? its got new valve seals in this fucker.

this pile of shit motor ran fine in the last car, didnt fuckin smoke...

hate.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
Re: turbohf presents: i hate this fuckin motor!
« Reply #140 on: October 13, 2013, 08:38:16 PM »

oh there was a small oil trail down the hot intercooler pipe off the compressor housing around into the intercooler. intercooler has been on end for 10+ mins with just a couple drops out of it...

compressor outlet seemed dry...but its been sitting for 20hrs or so.

highroller54

• I caught the fable Novacorn
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Spreading the rhmt word like PB&J
« Reply #141 on: October 13, 2013, 10:49:19 PM »

If the valve guides are fucked new seals won't help, how wiggly we're they?
Xenocron is a piece of shit.

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #142 on: October 13, 2013, 11:20:59 PM »

didnt notice.

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #143 on: October 14, 2013, 11:04:23 AM »

Guides.............

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #144 on: October 14, 2013, 12:01:37 PM »

fuck. I don't want to pull this head again. I don't want to buy new gaskets. and I don't want to spend 300bucks on a non-vtec head (or any really).

fuckme  :evil:

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #145 on: October 14, 2013, 12:03:26 PM »

I'm running 10w30 right now. switching to 15w40 or 20w50 make any difference?

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #146 on: October 14, 2013, 12:09:44 PM »

So when does it smoke? All the time when driving? Under load? Decel?

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #147 on: October 14, 2013, 12:49:45 PM »

So when does it smoke? All the time when driving? Under load? Decel?

my windows are tinted. so not 100%. but from the looks of it all the time. if it idles for a period it will smoke pretty decent usually. you decell hard and tip back in, it will smoke tough. idk sometimes I'm watching it and I swear there isn't any smoke. could be my imagination tho.
oh seems to smoke pretty decent on accell but hard to tell if there wasn't already oil built up in there.

machine shop (action) said couple day turn around. 250-350 depending on how much work it needs.

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #148 on: October 14, 2013, 02:57:38 PM »

Talk to jdmhatch, I'm sure he probably has a few ls heads kicking around. I'm betting that the guides are fucked and killing your seals. What are you doing for crank case evac?

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #149 on: October 14, 2013, 03:28:01 PM »

Talk to jdmhatch, I'm sure he probably has a few ls heads kicking around. I'm betting that the guides are fucked and killing your seals. What are you doing for crank case evac?

I don't get this guide thing? so the loose guides are chewing up my new seals?

I'm using 2 5/8" OEM nipples off the back of the block to a can with a big filter on the top. its been full once. not sure it was empty to begin with? gonna check it again when I get home. OEM pcv is blocked off.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up