:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

GET YOUR OFFICIAL REALHOMEMADETURBO.COM STICKERS! (link)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Whitey's Homemade Home project thread  (Read 72547 times)

Whitey

• the Few, the Proud, the Exiled
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • ©
Re: Whitey's Homemade Home project thread
« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2013, 09:42:51 PM »

Started on the plumbing.  Decided to have some running water in the basement so had to rough that in before we pour the concrete.  Buried a crock and ran the drains in the floor for a full bath in the basement and a drain for a sink at the bar.  I was only going to put a half bath in but if I rough in for the shower it costs me basically nothing right now and at least it'll be there if I want to use it

View from from the walkout side of the basement, its been foggy as hell all weekend looked cool:

That's all for now

runsfromdacops

• Certified OG
« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2013, 10:11:24 PM »

this is so bad ass, keep you plans. if i ever get the $$ id love to have that house out here
GFI co-founder
twin turbo rear mount V1 CTS-V
built 383. 875/860RW pump/meth @ 18psi
turbo gixxer1000 250rwhp on pump @7psi
turbo integra 601/370 pump/meth @24 psi

Whitey

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • ©
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2013, 05:50:30 PM »

Still working on the plumbing all the drains are in and running the hot and cold lines:

I don't know who said this PEX tubing is faster than copper cause there are a ton of lines to run.  Still not done so they'll be run neater once I get them all tied up:

Its been like 10 degrees outside so working with this stuff is a bitch cause it doesn't want to bend.  Maybe tomorrow I can start tying into the manifold

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
  • Go outside and play hide and go fuckyourself
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2013, 06:10:30 PM »

WHITEY BENDS NEVER DIE NIGGER!!!
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/joeymisanthropy/Misce/TURBOTHIS.jpg

H series 35 pounds... Will turn you out!
 ---GFI we build FAST---

ApexSilver06MR

• RealHomeMadeTurbo's "pee wee"
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • RealHomeMadeTurbo Resident Cocksmith!
« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2013, 01:09:20 AM »

WHITEY BENDS NEVER DIE NIGGER!!!

THIS!!!!!!
pee wee for the size of my p..........

Nor*Cal Spoolin'#039#039 Nig Nog

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2013, 01:29:21 AM »

That's a Shit ton of pex. But it's way less than the cost of copper.
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

Whitey

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • ©
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2013, 07:43:02 PM »

Its too cold out:

That's a Shit ton of pex. But it's way less than the cost of copper.

Pex would be real cheap if you plumbed like copper but used pex instead.  2 3/4" lines and branch off that.  If you run home runs to everything, with the price of the fittings its not a ton of savings. 

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2013, 09:12:26 PM »

And its a pain if you need to t into something ib the future, unless you have Yeh tools. I have pex in my house and its all fine and dandy untill I went to plumb a sink int my garage, and fittings are like omg expensive.
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2013, 03:12:06 PM »

Damn that looks GOOD!
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

Whitey

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • ©
« Reply #99 on: February 02, 2013, 05:14:49 PM »

Tied in all the plumbing into the manifold

Also bought another fireplace.  Its an EPA rated fireplace that doesn't need masonary.  It'll save some time and money since I can just frame around it with 2x4's.  I'm putting the other insert in the basement

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #100 on: February 02, 2013, 09:25:32 PM »

looks killer!

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #101 on: February 03, 2013, 12:51:30 PM »

I like the work being done!
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

MTZ

• Webadmin
  • Certified OG
« Reply #102 on: February 04, 2013, 08:23:17 AM »

fucking baller dude, it looks great. what do you do for a living again?
ur fucking feet are disgusting.

btw that nail prolly rotted from u fingering widebody in the ass

its called toering

Whitey

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • ©
« Reply #103 on: February 04, 2013, 07:56:26 PM »

Thanks for the compliments.  Starting to get all the stuff together for the electric. 

fucking baller dude, it looks great. what do you do for a living again?

Engineer

Speed Phreak

• I'm an OG because I say so.
« Reply #104 on: February 04, 2013, 10:04:00 PM »

Hey man, good looking work... That plumbing makes my OCD happy, can't wait to see how you do electrical.

One critique or suggestion, you may want to go ahead and run a steel/engineered beam in the basement so you can do away with the majority of those steel posts. Not sure how you have the flooring layout planned in the basement and it you're going to hide those support pole in a wall or not... Personally I hate walking into a sweet as basement and seeing support poles just hanging out like a rank fart.

Anyways I like what you're doing, keep up the shiny work.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 10:07:56 PM by Speed Phreak »
1995 '#039#039Teg - Daily turd burglar
1991 Civic Wagon - N/A lawn dart
1988 CRX HF - Turbo deathtrap

Whitey

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • ©
« Reply #105 on: February 05, 2013, 06:54:41 PM »

Hey man, good looking work... That plumbing makes my OCD happy, can't wait to see how you do electrical.

One critique or suggestion, you may want to go ahead and run a steel/engineered beam in the basement so you can do away with the majority of those steel posts. Not sure how you have the flooring layout planned in the basement and it you're going to hide those support pole in a wall or not... Personally I hate walking into a sweet as basement and seeing support poles just hanging out like a rank fart.

If you look at the pictures the beams are engineered lumber.  Its a 12" laminated beam.  I went with a lam beam over steel because it was easier/less weight to work with.  There's a column every 12' instead of every 8' with regular lumber.  Unless your made of money you are going to have lolli columns in the basement.  The house is 76' long so I have a total of 7 columns.  2 are getting buried in a walls, 2 are near the bar/pool table so I'm going to put a countertop/circular table around them so they will blend in like tables.  That just leaves 3 poles left...I'll paint the one chrome and put fancy lights around it for the whores with low self esteem. So that just leaves 2 poles that suck but have to be there.  If you wrap them with decorative surrounds they'll blend in as best they can but I'd rather have a large open room instead of cutting it up with a bunch of unnecessary walls

Speed Phreak

• I'm an OG because I say so.
« Reply #106 on: February 05, 2013, 08:18:33 PM »

If you look at the pictures the beams are engineered lumber.  Its a 12" laminated beam.  I went with a lam beam over steel because it was easier/less weight to work with.  There's a column every 12' instead of every 8' with regular lumber.  Unless your made of money you are going to have lolli columns in the basement.  The house is 76' long so I have a total of 7 columns.  2 are getting buried in a walls, 2 are near the bar/pool table so I'm going to put a countertop/circular table around them so they will blend in like tables.  That just leaves 3 poles left...I'll paint the one chrome and put fancy lights around it for the whores with low self esteem. So that just leaves 2 poles that suck but have to be there.  If you wrap them with decorative surrounds they'll blend in as best they can but I'd rather have a large open room instead of cutting it up with a bunch of unnecessary walls

Yeah it's hard to roll a big steel beam in without $ and equipment, but you can't beat it for holding shit up. There's one spanning 1/2 of my basement (30ft) with support columns on either end that are architectural and have stone work up the sides to make them pretty. 30ft x25ft unobstructed room makes for a lot of space to fill with bar and home theater junk... Although I still have the steel support posts in the other 1/2 of the basement. I might have to steal your idea about chroming one of them for the whores.

LOL
1995 '#039#039Teg - Daily turd burglar
1991 Civic Wagon - N/A lawn dart
1988 CRX HF - Turbo deathtrap

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
« Reply #107 on: February 05, 2013, 11:13:21 PM »

i like the colored PEX, never seen that. i have only seen white. i dont think it would be quicker to do an entire house with it, but i liked working with it for my bathroom renovation.
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

rawr

• Certified OG
« Reply #108 on: February 05, 2013, 11:45:37 PM »

The last place i lived in wad new and done in pex. Shit tasted like garden hose water for atleast 6 months.

Stealthmode

• Mufukkken 5 black Star General
  • Certified OG
« Reply #109 on: February 08, 2013, 01:18:56 AM »

The only reason to check this website: Whiteys HomeMadeHouse

The only reason to sign in: To post that Whiteys HomeMadeHouse is awesome! (and to check for new pictures)  :noel:

Cars?

I think Stealthmode has a few children in some of his socks. I picked up one of his socks thinking it was mine and it was crunchy. Now I spend all day wondering what the hell might be laying eggs under my fingernails.

BlackDragon

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • HMT Bootieologist
« Reply #110 on: February 08, 2013, 04:57:23 AM »

Holy shit nice Whitey.
BD

90boostdaccord

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #111 on: February 09, 2013, 10:59:41 PM »

That shit is baller.  Great job bud, except that it makes me want to rob a bank and light my house on fire.  :evil:

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #112 on: February 10, 2013, 01:05:49 PM »

While awesome, this thread in no way mitigates or otherwise compromises my love of trailers.

Whitey

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • ©
« Reply #113 on: February 10, 2013, 05:59:45 PM »

Wow, thanks for the compliments. I wasn't sure if anyone gave a shit and its nice to see my house isn't a huge fuckup so far since I'm not an architect or even in the construction business.  We just finished putting flooring down in the attic/ potential future bonus room.  I'm thinking of putting in a window now in case it does ever get finished off:

Here's pictures of the plans I drew up and we worked off of.   

floorplan:

Basement:

Elevation.  At first my finance' wasn't too sure about the design because she liked 2 stories and was afraid the house would look like a plain rancher.  I told her to trust me that it would look better than what it did on paper.  I was a little worried too but I think it did turn out nice and its still not finished yet.

We're also working on the kitchen layout and here's what we got so far.  The cabinets are going to be a dark cherry:

Here's the island/penninsual the divides the kitchen from the great room. This picture isn't up to date cause the countertop will be on 2 levels so we can have bar stools:

That's all for now.  Anyone know about LED's instead of halogens?  Since I have bought any bulbs yet I think I may take the plunge and just do the whole house in LED's.  Even though its more money they last 5 times as long and use 1/5th of the power.  Any thoughts?

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #114 on: February 10, 2013, 10:15:03 PM »

all i know is they are expensive lol used them before though. oh and you can't buy a damn 100watt LED one. at least that i found
Double doors, marble floors, naked hoes around me

MantisX

« Reply #115 on: February 11, 2013, 02:02:51 PM »

Need that gas stove tho.

Whitey

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • ©
« Reply #116 on: February 11, 2013, 06:51:01 PM »

all i know is they are expensive lol used them before though. oh and you can't buy a damn 100watt LED one. at least that i found

If you do the math they do work out to save you money in the long run.  So if you look past big upfront cost they should work out to be cheaper than regular bulbs.  I just ordered a couple to try out.  And you can buy an LED that is the equivalent of a 100W halogen:

http://www.usalight.com/PAR38-LED-Bulb-18-Watt-Dimmable-p/73495.htm

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #117 on: February 11, 2013, 09:37:13 PM »

The problem I have with led, and florescent bulbs, is they hurt my eyes after a while. I like the softer glow of a traditional bulb. Now with that being said. I've never bough anything other than the cheapest ones, so they probably all have that welding ark blue/white hue to them. I just did the softer yellow glow of a bulb.

Whitey

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • ©
« Reply #118 on: February 11, 2013, 09:40:13 PM »

The problem I have with led, and florescent bulbs, is they hurt my eyes after a while. I like the softer glow of a traditional bulb. Now with that being said. I've never bough anything other than the cheapest ones, so they probably all have that welding ark blue/white hue to them. I just did the softer yellow glow of a bulb.

You can get LED's in different color temps.  The real bright bluish one's are the 5000K values.  You can get 2700K that put off the warm yellow like halogens

Whitey

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • ©
« Reply #119 on: February 27, 2013, 06:52:32 PM »

Had the slab in the basement poured today.  30+ yards of concrete.  I still need to get the garage and front porch done.  Hopefully that'll be next week.  But at least now I can frame in the wall, frame the stairs, set the air handler and start on the HVAC.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up